"Our mission is to provide positive catalytic impulses to every CHILD to stretch his inherent learning competencies through a self discovery process."
At Venkateshwar International School, the uniqueness of each child is recognized, nurtured and treasured. Emphasis is on LEARNING and not on teaching.
Education is a complete process that leads to the attainment of the full potential of the child. Our endeavor is to equip our students with life-skills to face the real world - be it planning, organizing, deciding, questioning, reasoning, analyzing, team-building, communicating effectively or dealing with challenges confidently.
Our focus is to develop our students as global citizens, with tolerance, respect and appreciation of diverse cultures and religions for a life-time learning experience. They should be self-motivated, independent, confident decision makers to take up a leadership roles in future.
At V.I.S, we arm our students with technological supremacy and help them integrate it with values, morals and our cultural legacy. The school curriculum has been painstakingly planned on scientific guidelines to provide students with intellectual stimulation, physical robustness, social adaptability, emotional independence and leadership qualities. It is our endeavor to establish a quality – conscious school where……
• Excellence is driven by values,
• Success is strengthened by ethics and
• Modernity is fortified by tradition.
We at VIS provide holistic education where children evolve as individuals who are self-motivated and creative individuals, who can think, question and reason out logically; individuals who are independent, confident and leaders capable of taking decisions.
• M.Sc. - Gold Medalist (Kurukshetra University, 1983)
• B.Ed. – Gold Medalist (C.I.E, Delhi University, 1987)
• Founder Principal of Venkateshwar International School since its inception in 2001.
• More than 31 years of rich teaching and administrative experience.
• Worked in reputed schools like Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi Public School, Ghaziabad, Mother’s International School etc. as Vice Principal /Senior Biology Teacher.
• Worked in Birmingham (U.K) for one year as an Overseas Trained Teacher.
• Authored 11 books for Secondary, Primary and Pre-Primary books with HarAnand Publications, Mac Millan and Goyal Prakashan.
• Internationalized the school curriculum by integrating innovative teaching strategies after visiting schools in England, Wales, Australia and Singapore on Teacher-Exchange Programs.
• On Panel with IP University, Delhi University and Amity University as a Guest Lecturer for training B.Ed. students.
• On panel with CBSE as a Resource Person/Master Trainer/Observer for CCE, Accreditation Process, Affiliation etc.
• CTET Paper Setter for CBSE (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)
• Former National Level Player of Volley Ball, having captained Delhi Volley Ball team thrice in nine Nationals.
• Received numerous awards in the field of Education.
• Achieved the rare distinction of being awarded by the Prime Minister of India, Vice President of India and President of India.
Personal Awards / Honors / Prizes
a) The most coveted CBSE Teacher Award 2011 given by Minister of Human Resource Development, Dr. D. Purandeswari on Sept. 4, 2012
b) UEM Lamp of Knowledge given by Hon’ble Governor of Chhattisgarh - Sri Shekhar Dutt organized by University of Engineering & Management and WEBCON Govt. of Bengal.
c) The Remarkable Principal Award by former Chief Minister of Delhi – Smt. Sheila Dixit.
d) The Torch Bearer of Dwarka by former Minister of Information and Broadcasting Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad
e) Bharat Excellence Award given by The Election Commission of India, Mr. GVG Krishnamurthy
f) Best Student of Award by The Prime Minister of India – Late Rajiv Gandhi for being the B.Ed at C.I.E. Delhi University.
g) Best Candidate and Best Teacher Award in B.Ed Delhi University by The Vice President of India – Late R. Venkataraman.
h) Winner of All India Dance Competition by The President of India – Late Dr. Zakir Hussain.
Awards to V.I.S. under the Leadership of Director
- CBSE Sports Promotion Award 2013-14
- Green Rating given by CBSE under National School Sanitation Initiative in collaboration with Ministry of HRD.
- SOE Global Education Award in the category of Best Practice Innovation Award 2013-14
- School ranked No. 2 in West Delhi Schools as per the Times School Survey 2014 on 26th September 2014.
- SOE Global Education Award in the category of Outstanding School of the year 2012 by K. Srikanth and Bhishma Narain Singh, former Governor of Assam and TamilNadu.
- The Swami Vivekananda School of Excellence Award by CBSE Chairman, Sh. Vineet Joshi for excellent work done to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- National School Sanitation Award by Sri M. M. Pallam Raju, Honorable Minister of Human Resource Development.
- Sh. Harish Rawat, Honorable Minister for Water Resources and Dr. Nagesh Kukunoor, a noted filmmaker of the movie Iqbal fame felicitated students of VIS Sector 10 for creating an inspirational song under the Aqua Drive Initiative.
- International School Award for curriculum based international work by the British Council for 3 years i.e. from 2012 – 2015.